Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review- Simply Sensual - Body Care Collection Kit with Pheremones

I was lucky enough to win a Simply Sensual Body Care Collection Kit of bath and beauty products from BeautyUndercover.com, all of which contain pheromones  and smell extra delicious.  It contains:  Refreshe Bath & Shower Cleansing Creme & Body Pouf, Smoothing Body Buff Sugar Scrub, Rejuvenating Body Oil, Riche Toning Body Butter, Refreshe Body Mist and a Body Massage Candle.  


First, what are the pheromones and why does it matter?  Pheromones are small molecules that when released act as chemical signals to induce a certain behavior. Pheromones send scent signals to the members of the opposite sex.  So basically just by smelling great you can attract members of the opposite sex and boost your confidence.  What woman doesn't want that? 

The first item I tried was the Body Mist and it smells absolutely fantastic.  The scent is light and sexy with hints of grapefruit and it contains white tea leaf extract to restore smooth skin. It can be used any time but works particularly well sprayed on clean skin after cleansing and moisturizing.  Next I tried the the Cleansing Creme and Body Pouf which work wonderful together.  The cleansing cream is rich, lathers very well, and leaves my skin soft, smooth, and lightly scented.  Once every few days I follow the cleansing cream with the Body Buff Sugar Scrub, which 'stimulates, smoothes & rejuvenates skin with natural sugar crystals, drenched with vitamins c & e, shea butter, natural oils & botanical extracts. Provides a more refreshed, youthful appearance to skin by removing dead skin cells. Vitamin c tightens tired skin to promote a more toned appearance. Helps fight signs of aging & renews overall skin appearance.' (from the Simply Sensual website).  The scrub has a nice not-too-rough texture and feels extremely moisturizing.  I love that it comes with a little scoop so you don't have to use your fingers or keep a spoon with it. It leaves my skin feeling extra smooth and extra clean, and very moisturized.  After both of these steps, I followed with the Rejuvenating Body Oil and Toning Body Butter.  The body oil has the same scent as all the other products but a bit stronger.  It sinks in quickly and doesn't feel greasy, and it imparts the skin with a nice glowing sheen.  The bottle is multi-directional so it can even be sprayed upside down.  My only gripe with any of the products in the set is this one, because even though the bottle is multi-directional it is hard to spray because you have to press down on it a bit and the bottle becomes slick, making it easy to slip out of the hand.  The oil itself is great though!  If I want even more moisture I follow this with the toning body butter.  It has a rich creamy consistency and also comes with a little scoop.  After applying the oil plus the body butter skin is left soft, silky, and lightly scented with the wonderful pheromone scent.  It does make my skin feel a bit firmer and healthier.  The products really sink into the skin and don't make me feel like they are sitting on top of my skin as it can with other lotions.  The only item I have yet to use is the Body Massage Candle, and I am interested to give it a try.  The candle melts down and it can be use as a body massage lotion.   It is made from natural soy, hemp seed, apricot, jojoba & avocado oils & adorned with hemp wicks, so I also love the fact that all of these products are natural and contain such great moisturizing ingredients.  The other cute thing about this set is that the cleanser, body scrub and body butter are pink, so they feel extra girly and pampering and they come in a clear zip-top pouch. 

So What's the Story?
This set would be so great to splurge on for yourself, a family member or friend, a girlfriend, or just about any woman you know who loves to pamper themselves and smell great while doing it!  I do feel like the products give me more confidence because the smell just makes me feel sexy wearing it, and I honestly noticed that the last two times I used these products before I went out that I got hit on more.  Maybe there's something to the science of pheromones!  Either way the products are great for some at-home pampering and you can't beat the wonderful natural ingredients.  I am only using this set for special occasions and not every day because I want to make it last!

Overall: A+
Pros: Natural moisturizing ingredients, fantastic smell, products sink into the skin quickly, scent lasts a long time, packaging is convenient
Cons: Body oil is hard to spray, whole set is a bit expensive but well worth it for the quality

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds sooo luxurious! The body butter appeals to me especially.. I'm obsessed with them!

    ReplyDelete