Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lancome Visionnaire Initial Review

Lancome Visionnaire is a new product recently launched and I was given the opportunity to sample it before it became available on the market.  This is my first experience with a Lancome face product besides their eye makeup remover, which I really like.  It's been 12 years in the making and the science behind it is really quite interesting, plus they have 20 international patents!  This molecule can go 5 layers deep into the epidermis, making it a completely new and different formula from any other company.  From their website, "Much more than a wrinkle-corrector, our 1st skincare capable of fundamentally re-creating more beautiful skin. The first skincare with LR 2412, a molecule designed to propel through skin layers. On its path, it triggers a cascading series of micro-transformations.  The result: on the surface, wrinkles and pores are visibly corrected, imperfections like signs of UV damage and acne marks appear diminished.'
Sounds like a miracle in a bottle!  Even though I'm into natural skin care I was too tempted by this product to not give it a shot.   It comes in a 1 oz sleek pump bottle and retails for $84.


The pump disperses about a pea sized amount and I have been using 2 pumps for my entire face.  They suggest using it morning and evening and you can follow it with a cream if needed.  It's safe for use around the eye area and with products containing SPF, and you can wear it in the sun without diminishing its effectiveness.  It claims that with twice daily use, wrinkles, pores, and sun/acne damage will be diminished in about 6 weeks and continue to get better with prolonged use.  The product has the silky texture of a thick serum and is a pearly white shade.  It does take a few minutes to absorb but once it does it does not leave a sticky or shiny residue and you really can't tell that you have anything on. The first few times I used it it made my face slightly red but not feeling tight or uncomfortable.  I easily layered my face serum and daily lotion over it and the products absorbed well on top of the Visionnaire.  The only thing I don't like about it so far is the scent which is kind of flowery and, for lack of a better description, girly.  It does linger on the skin for a few minutes after applying the product but it's not enough to make me not want to use it.  I've been using it for five days and so far I have not had any breakouts but I have experienced very slight dryness around my nose/chin, but that's normal for me when I start using a new product.  I have seen a difference in my skin tone and texture, which is looking very healthy, smooth, and even-toned.  I had a blemish when I first started and I noticed it went away a lot faster than normal and the redness of it was reduced.  So far I have not noticed a change in wrinkles/pores, but I will do a full update when I've been using it twice a day for the recommended six weeks.  I am only going to stop use if I notice any breakouts as I did with Estee Lauder's Even Skin Tone Illuminator, which is basically touted as the same type of product. Overall so far I'm very impressed with it and if it does what it says it will, I'm looking forward to smoothed out wrinkles, small pores, and a more even skin tone.

Update - I have been using this twice a day for almost two weeks and my results are excellent!  I have experienced no breakouts and my skin is much more clear and even toned than it was before I started.  My pores do appear smaller, but it's too soon to tell on the minor wrinkles I have.  This product absorbs well and once it sets in after about a minute it feels like you have nothing on.  It's very easy to layer other products or makeup on top of it.  It seems to gently exfoliate when you put it on and has been keeping pore blockages at bay.  I use it around my eyes and have experienced no irritation.  When I wake up in the morning my skin looks even, bright, and overall very healthy.  I am excited to keep using it and see how my skin looks after 6 weeks!


**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a Desert Essence Throughly Clean Oil Control Lotion!! : http://prettylightsbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/desert-essence-throughly-clean-oil.html **

4 comments:

  1. Are you over 40? Just wanted to know if it will work for over 40/50 women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 26 years old and using this product as more of a preventative measure and to get rid of old sun spots/acne spots, so I can't say how it would work on more mature skin. I'd highly recommend it though, my results have been excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i am an 18 year old with big pores ! and a bit of un even skin tone. WOuld you say this is a good product for that ? is it worth the money :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coco - yes, definitely! I recently ran out of it and have been missing it. It definitely helped with my pore size, overall skin clarity, and evened my skin tone. I have to pick up another bottle soon!

    ReplyDelete