Thursday, March 24, 2011

Products That Make The Cut - Always In My Purse!

Just for fun, I'm going share what I always carry with me in my purse.  Admittedly, I'm a bit of a makeup hoarder and have a large selection of products and always have some with me.  Back in high school my friends used to have fun guessing how many lip products I had on me at any one time and then pulling them all out and counting them - I think the highest I had at one time was around 15!  Now I've slimmed down a bit and don't carry quite that many anymore, but there are still some staple products that are always on me for quick touch-ups.






1.  Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Shakedown, which is a true taupe.  I love this shade because it's a nice neutral taupe but easy to deepen up to a darker brown with layering, so it's versatile for daytime touchups or easy to use if I'm going out and need to turn my daytime eyes into nighttime eyes.   I feel like it makes my blue eyes really stand out, and it's also vegan! 

http://www.urbandecay.com/matte-eyeshadow/159,default,pd.html?cgid= , $17




2. id. Bare Escentuals Full Tapered Shadow Brush.  This brush has a great shape, picks up just enough pigment, and works on any shadows from mineral to pressed.  It can be used easily for all over color or crease work, and the small size makes it perfect for travel.  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P202658 , $16 


3. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Concealer Stick in Light. This concealer is creamy, blends very well, and even has SPF 15 in it.  It's great for on-the-go touchups and provides a natural and long-lasting finish.  It can be used over or under foundation.  I love that it's hypoallergenic and good for sensitive skin.
http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/productdetail/face/concealers/02168.html , $6.95


4. Sue Devitt Microquatic Gel-to-Powder Blush in Malay Reef.  What I like about this blush is that the compact is so small, which makes it super portable.  The formula is pretty good, at least good enough for a quick touch of color, but I don't use it every day.  This is an item that stays just in my makeup bag in my purse so if I need to retouch my makeup after work I have an easily accessible blush.  Malay Reef is a lovely sheer coral shade that works well for my complexion.    http://shop.suedevittbeauty.com/products/Gel%252dto%252dPowder-Blush.html , $20

5. Mayron's Goods Chapstuff for Cheeks and Lips.  Natural and organic, this balm was made for babies to protect their skin.  I use this as lip balm and also on dry skin (everywhere from cuticles to heels) when needed.  I love the size and shape of the tube and it's incredibly moisturizing - I've tried a lot of lip balms and this beats them all!  I also love the natural ingredients.
http://www.mayronsgoods.com/products/chappedcheek.html , $14




6. Silk Naturals Kisser Slickers.  These flavored mineral glosses are super slim so they are easy to carry.  They are all natural and come from one of my favorite companies - Silk Naturals!  I have a few shades but Peace is a real 'MLBB' shade and works with any eye makeup I might be wearing. Foreplay and Gold Blush are also lovely pink/peach shades.  They are super moisturizing and have a great texture too.  http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/kisser-slickerlipgloss-sticks-c-163_31.html , $4.50








What products do you always have in your purse?  Any suggestions for products I should have in mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment