Thursday, March 3, 2011

MegsMakeup Cashout Haul - Hello tarte!

I am a regular on MegsMakeup.com - it's my go-to site whenever I want information on a product, and I love the reviews/reviewers and the lovely people on the site.  It's also a great place to hear about new products that are coming out or old favorites.  The founder Meg has a point system for members, so for rating products, commenting on reviews, or inviting friends you can earn free makeup and beauty products.  Shipping in the US for cashing out 250 points is only $12 and she sends amazing new products, so it's a wonderful program if you love reading reviews, commenting, and being part of a forum - and trying new products of course!  Meg sends the gifts herself and really seems to tailor it to your personal beauty profile, for example if you are 20 she won't send you a wrinkle cream. Link here: http://megsmakeup.com/ 

I cashed out my 250 points at the end of January, and today I received a wonderful package of 4 tarte products! 


1. tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Blissful, a warm peach that is exclusive to Sephora.  Last time I cashed out I received Dollface (light pink) before it was even on the market, and I have used it almost every day even though I have other blush options. I can't say enough good things about this blush - it lasts all day, has great color payoff that blends well, contains wonderful natural ingredients, and the shades are lovely.  I have a cool fair complexion, and applied lightly Blissful really brightens up my face.  Dollface is great for me in the winter right now because it adds just a hint of innocent pink to my cheeks.  These are highly pigmented, so I use a BE featherlight brush for application vs my denser EDM blush brush. These also seem to last forever - due to the clay formula there is no powder fallout whatsover, and even with everyday use I've only made a tiny dent in the Dollface shade I received mid-December.  I highly recommend this blush! http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P278610 , $25


2. tarte empasEYES inner rim brightener.  This contains Amazonian Clay and is a peachy shade for the inner rims.  It can also be used on the brow bones for extra wide-awake eyes.  It's creamy, flows on smoothly, and has good staying power.  It definitely perked up my tired eyes today!  I have a feeling this will look great with the Urban Decay Naked palette as well since those shades are such pretty neutrals. http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-emphasEYES-inner-rim-brightener  $18


3. tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Luster in Pouty, a gorgeous berry.  I like this because it adds definition and color to my lips and also acts as a lip stain.  It has a bit of gold glimmer to it but it's not over the top, and it feels smooth going on and leaves a bit of shine but not as much as regular lipgloss - it really is a luster.  The only downside is that it did tend to fade after not too long because I was drinking water after I put it on, but it's so easy to glide back on that I can deal with that. It has a minty taste, and I love the natural moisturizing ingredients!  I think this will be a great spring shade paired with a neutral or brown eye.  I will definitely be buying more of these, my top two picks are Adored and Glisten.  Are any catching your eye? This is a link to the tarte website, but Sephora has the Pouty color available and tarte does not.  http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-lipsurgence-natural-lip-luster-tint , $24


4. tarte Smooth Opertator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum. 'No matter your skin concern Amazonian clay completely neutralizes so you are left with a radiant complexion.' This is a neutral beige shade with a bit of glimmer.  It's supposed to even  out the skin tone and add a brightening glow.  It can be used under makeup, over makeup as a highlighter, mixed with foundation, or as a foundation!  I dabbed some along my cheekbones and on the bridge of my nose and although at first I was worried that the beige shade would be too dark on my pale complexion, it blended right in and brightened up my cheeks.  I have also used it on my brow bones for a lovely glow that really brightened up my eyes.  The formula is very light and blendable and seems to almost match your complexion.  A little bit goes a long way with the product as well. http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-illuminating-serum , $32

Do you have any of these products and if so what are your thoughts on them?  Are there any that you'd like to try, and what shades?  I adore tarte and these new Amazonian clay products are fantastic! 


Overall: A+

1 comment:

  1. Hi! The products are amazing, extremely pleasant to receive such wonderful presents from Mag, I am sure. Already saving my points for the first package. Thanks for review.:-)

    ReplyDelete