Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review - Therapy Systems Better Than Cover Concealer

Therapy Systems has come out with a concealer that is made with 70% certified organic ingredients so I decided to give it a try.  From the website: With a custom antioxidant infusion of acai, green tea and raspberry leaf, Better Than Cover's 70% organic formulation provides a smooth application and a sheer coverage that does not crease or cake. Your best self is only a dab away - simply you...simply fabulous!

The concealer comes in a small tube like a lip balm and retails for $24 for .18 oz.  They offer shades in light and medium and they are neutral based so I think they would work well on a variety of skin tones.  The Physician's Formula concealer I used prior to this had more of a yellow base and since I have a cool skin tone this works better for me.  I have used it with mineral foundation and also with Tarte's Amazonian clay infused liquid foundation and the concealer works well with both.  The texture is a lot more sheer than other concealers I've tried and when applied it feels almost oily at first but not in a bad way, it just makes it very blendable and then after a minute it seems to 'set'.  Since it is sheer coverage it doesn't cover red spots the best, but for general evening out of the skin tone it applies very smooth and provides natural coverage.  Even though my complexion is very light this blends right in without being obvious that I have something on which is important to me as I like a natural look to my makeup.  I use it around my nose and on other areas that need evening and I love it for that, but for acne spots that are red it doesn't cover the best so if that is an issue for you a heavier coverage would be better.  The natural ingredients don't irritate my skin and it stays put for hours without needing retouching.  It also does not settle into fine lines but rather glides over them, and when applying more than one layer it doesn't look cakey or thick. 

Overall I really like this concealer for general evening out of the skin tone but it didn't cover the best on a red spot from an acne breakout.  I love that the texture is sheer and creamy, it blends flawlessly, and it doesn't cake up when applying more than one layer.  For a concealer made with 70% organic ingredients I am really impressed with it, so if you're into organic/natural makeup I would recommend this!

Grade: A
Pros: Natural ingredients, blends well, provides natural looking sheer coverage, lasts for hours
Cons: Coverage might be too sheer depending on your needs

No comments:

Post a Comment