Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mizani Supreme Hair Oil

I have heard a lot of rave reviews from women who use hair oils, so I decided to give Mizani Supreme Hair Oil a try.  I have never used a hair oil before so I was not sure what to expect but I was enticed by the fact that this oil is derived from 99% all natural ingredients and contains 8 natural oils - sesame, jojoba, almond, avocado, apricot, olive fruit, sunflower and argan oils.  It can also be used as a body oil, a pre-shampoo treatment,  daily leave-in conditioner, for blow drying and finishing, and as a moisturizing scalp oil.  My hair is long, thick, not dyed, and has a slightly wavy texture.  I don't heat style a lot or use a lot of products on my hair besides the occasional smoothing gloss or wave enhancer.  I wanted a product that would be healthy for my hair, impart a nice shine, and leave it manageable without feeling greasy.  

The oil is very lightweight and clear in color.  It has a pleasant, long lasting slightly floral scent that is very natural and not overpowering.  The first time I used this oil, I used way too much and didn't like the results.  My hair looked limp and greasy so I had to shampoo afterward.  Since then I adjusted the amount I use to 3 drops and rub it between my palms, then apply to my hair avoiding the scalp as a leave-in conditioner/smoothing treatment.  This leaves my hair soft, shiny, manageable, and imparted with a gentle natural scent.  It's great to use whether I keep my hair natural and wavy or decide to blow dry it straight.  It does not weigh down my hair or leave it heavy feeling and I love the way it smooths my hair, making it feel extremely silky.  My hair just looks extremely soft, silky, and healthy after I use this and also has a bit of body.  In the summer when it gets more humid I think this oil will do a great job of controlling frizz and flyaways, and since it doesn't contain any silicons it won't build up in my hair.  Since my hair is thick it's important to me to find products that don't weigh down my hair or leave it greasy and hard to manage.  This product provided exactly what I wanted and I love that I can also use it on my entire body - who doesn't love a product that multitasks! 

Overall I am happy with this product and will continue to use it.  The bottle is 4.1 fl oz. and since I only use a few drops for my entire head, this will last a very long time so it's a steal.  I am looking forward to using it this summer as an alternative to smoothing products that contain silicons and think it will hold up well in the humid summer months.  I love how healthy my hair looks and feels after using this oil!

Grade: A+
Pros: Provides healthy shine and manageabilty, does not weigh down hair, 99% natural, has a variety of uses, pleasant scent
Cons:  Be careful not to use too much!
Get it:  http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=721&rid=300

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great product. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for the review.

    ♥ Claire ♥

    Beauty and Wellness Site http://angelclarice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this product! I have extremely thick, dry, coarse hair and this oil leaves it shiny and bouncy without weighing it down! Also, I know this product is for hair but i also use it for my skin as well. It helps with dryness and acne scaring. It doesn't leave your skin overly shiny and greasy! This product is overall really great!! hair oil

    ReplyDelete