Monday, June 13, 2011

TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixir

Hello lovelies!  It's been a while since I posted because I was gone on a glorious and much needed early summer vacation, camping at a music festival named Wakarusa having a great time dancing on a mountain!  Now I'm back and want to share with you my newest lip obsession - Tokyomilk Dark Lip Elixir.  From the site: Conditioning Lip Balm, Made with Bee Balm and Jasmine
Sweet temptation is beckoning. Remarkably uncommon essences infused in to a smooth, luscious balm. Elicit a kiss with lips tamed by a lush, silky blend of sweet Jasmine & Bee Balm laced with crushed extracts of hydrating Aloe Leaf & Vitamin E. Femme fatale incarnate. A supple seduction.  Not for the faint of heart: An unexpected mixture of fragrance & flavor. A remarkable lip elixir for a remarkably uncommon experience. I love the cute black tin this comes in and it could definitely be reused when the balm runs out, even for keeping change or small items in.  The balms come in a variety of off-the-wall flavors and the one I have is Absinthe.  Absinthe has a light almost fruity flavor and is highly addictive to put on.  The balm itself is light feeling, slightly waxy, and very moisturizing and it also tastes and smells great.  Out of all the balms I've ever tried this one is by far the best scented and flavored - it's almost like a perfume for the lips!  With ingredients like Aloe Vera leaf extract, Vitamin E, Green Tea, and Jasmine this balm also packed with a lot of great natural ingredients so I feel good about using it.  I love that instead of basic flavors they have gone off and made some very interesting sounding flavors, like Smoked Salt.  I'd love to try Cherry Bourbon and Dead Sexy as well, and at only $7 for .70 oz. of product I can afford to buy more! I think these would be really fun to give to friends who like the unusual.  Tokyomilk also sells parfum, hand creme, candles, greeting cards, bubble bath, fine soaps, and other items.  I love their packaging - it's all very strange and dark feeling without being goth.  The only thing I do not like about the balm is that once you peel the seal off, it is not listed anywhere on the balm what flavor it is.  So if you had 2 or more you wouldn't be able to tell what flavor is what.  Other than that though I love this and have been enjoying the exotic and unusual scent and flavor.
Grade: A+
Pros: Unusual flavors, great texture, moisturizing ingredients, something different
Cons: Wish the tins were labelled with what flavor it is

No comments:

Post a Comment