Saturday, April 30, 2011

Review - Kiss My Face All Natural Peace Castile Soap

I have been interested in trying castile soap for a while so I picked up a Kiss My Face All Natural Peace Soap on my last shopping trip.  Castille soap originated in Spain and has been used for centuries.  It's a simple formula that includes olive oil, coconut, hemp, and jojoba oils to create a mild cleanser that can be used on everything from hair and skin to dishes and clothing.  It is environmentally friendly, vegan, and has no parabens or artificial fragrance.  As an added bonus, 10% of profits from each product sold supports Seeds of Peace and their mission to help young people from regions of conflict develop the leadership skills necessary to advance reconciliation and coexistence. What a great mission, and something to feel good about supporting!  The scent I chose was Pomegranate Acai but they also make Lemongrass Clary Sage, Lavender Mandarin, and Grassy Mint.  The Pomegranate Acai is an invigorating fruity smell that reminds me of the farmer's market and warm spring days.  


The first day I bought it I really put it to the test and used it for a lot of things, so here is what I used it for and how it worked:


1. Cleaning the cat box 
I don't want to use harsh chemicals on anything my cats will use so I use all-natural soaps on their box and food/water dishes.  This did the not-so-pleasant job of cleaning the cat box very well and smelled good in the process.  I just dumped some in, rinsed, put some on a rag and went at it.  The box turned out clean and fresh-smelling, and my cats did not mind the smell at all.


2. Hand soap
I filled an empty foaming hand soap dispenser with a mixture of 1/2 soap and 1/2 water.  It works great for cleansing the hands, doesn't dry out skin, and smells great.  There's no need to wet your hands first - the water already in it makes it lather quickly.


3. Cleaning the bathroom/walls
Since I had my pump all sitting pretty on the counter, I realized how easy it would be to pump some onto a rag and clean the counters.  It left them shiny and spotless!  On a cleaning kick, I noticed the walls were looking dingy so I went ahead and used more of the soap foam on a rag and cleaned all the walls - it was so easy to use the product foamy and it really took care of all the dust that had collected on our white walls.  I loved that it didn't dry out my hands or smell bad at all but still had the cleaning power to make the counters and walls shine.


4. Washing myself
I used it in the shower, first by pouring it onto exfoliating gloves. I felt like the gloves were just soaking up the soap, so I took them off and used my bare hands.  Overall the soap did not lather the best and I felt like I was wasting it - the formula is rather thin in consistency to it just kinda slipped through my fingers before I could get a good lather.  I would use this as a body cleanser if I were camping and bathing in a lake or river, but not regularly as I feel it's a bit wasteful.  I might also try using it in the shower with the foaming pump, as that might work out better.  It did leave my skin clean, softly scented, and hydrated.


Overall I am enjoying this soap and want to purchase another scent to have handy.  I camp a lot in the summer, so bringing along a small bottle of this or even a foaming pump full would be great for everything from washing dishes and hands to myself if necessary.  My favorite use for it is in a pump on the bathroom counter, it works great for quick cleaning jobs and for washing hands. I plan to put another pump in the kitchen for the same purposes and to use for washing fruits and vegetables.  


Grade: A
Pros: All natural, '101 uses', works great in a foaming pump for quick cleaning jobs, supports a wonderful cause
Cons: Formula is a bit thin, doesn't lather the best 
Get it: http://peacesoap.kissmyface.com/site/peacesoap/liquid-soaps/
Learn about Seeds of Peace:    http://peacesoap.kissmyface.com/site/organization/
See 101 uses: http://peacesoap.kissmyface.com/site/peacesoap/101-uses/

No comments:

Post a Comment