Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Review - Dr. Garth Fisher CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser





For the past 3 weeks I have been using Dr. Garth Fisher's (a well-known plastic surgeon) CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser.  At $35 for 6.7 oz, this is not a product I would usually splurge on for myself but I was lucky enough to win it through a promotion.  The 
Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser removes daily impurities and eye makeup without stinging eyes or stripping skin of essential moisture and is gentle enough for the most sensitive skin.  Two of the most important things to me about a cleanser is whether or not it removes makeup and whether it can be used around the eye area.  Honestly, I'm a bit too lazy to use makeup remover and then a cleanser.  I don't wear a lot of eyeliner so usually I don't need a separate eye makeup remover, so it's important my cleanser do both jobs.


The cleanser comes in an almost futuristic-looking white hexagonal shaped bottle that has a classy look and feels good in the hand.  It features the kind of top where you press down one side and the other pops up to dispense the product.  The first time using this product I immediately noticed the smell.  It's a chemical smell, almost plastic-like.  It's not harsh enough to make me not use it, and in a way it's almost welcome compared to some facial products that are overly 'girlie' scented.  To use, I moisten my face, pour some into my palm, and then massage it into my skin and rinse.  It doesn't lather much and has a silky smooth texture, almost like a serum.  The cleanser delivers on its promises - it gently removes every trace of dirt and makeup and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth and moisturized.  It does not irritate my eyes at all and is one of the most gentle cleansers I've ever used.  My skin feels completely balanced after I used it, not stripped or tight like I've experienced with other cleansers.  I have not experienced any clogged pores or breakouts while using this cleanser.


Overall, I would definitely recommend this to people with sensitive skin who have had trouble finding a truly gentle cleanser that removes makeup.  It also works to provide a pH-balanced canvas to apply serums, toners, or moisturizers after cleansing.  I probably will not repurchase because I don't have particularly sensitive skin, at least not enough to warrant the price tag.  If I had some extra dinero and wanted to splurge though I'd definitely pick it up!


Grade: A+
Pros: Very gentle, removes all makeup and dirt, can be used on eye area, leaves skin smooth and balanced
Cons: Chemical smell, price
Get it: https://www.cellceuticalskincare.com/product.php?productid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment